Vampire Breast Lift – PRP
What is the Vampire Breast Lift®?
The Vampire Breast Lift is a minimally invasive, no-downtime breast rejuvenation treatment that uses the science of platelet rich plasma (PRP) to improve the look, feel and fullness of the skin and soft tissue in the cleavage area. This treatment can also restore sensation in the nipples and breasts, and therefore enhance your sexual satisfaction.
During the Vampire Breast Lift, the PRP (painlessly obtained through a small blood draw) is injected into the inner and outer upper-breast area and drives the amazing results of this procedure.
The words “breast lift” may evoke strong thoughts and emotions for patients, such as “scalpel,” “painful,” “surgery” or even “long-term recovery.” Until only recently, you would have been correct. Traditional breast augmentation procedures, while invasive, have been used successfully for decades on patients dissatisfied with their bust size. The Vampire Breast Lift®, an innovative cosmetic procedure invented by Dr. Charles Runels, is the first non-surgical, non-invasive and no-downtime cleavage enhancement alternative for patients happy with their cup size, but concerned with the overall appearance of their breasts and cleavage area.
Utilizing the science of platelet rich plasma (PRP) therapy, which harnesses your body’s natural growth factors to regenerate and heal tissue and, in rare cases, expertly injected dermal filler, the Vampire Breast Lift® can visibly improve age- or exposure-related skin deterioration on or between the breasts, and add noticeable volume to give a perkier, more youthful and balanced appearance.
As with any medical procedure, the unknown often leaves unanswered questions and hesitation. As a certified Vampire® provider, my goal is to educate patients and increase awareness of this effective procedure so patients are able to make an informed decision about the health and cosmetic appearance of their breasts. Below, I’ve outlined the three most important things patients need to know about the Vampire Breast Lift®.
- The Vampire Breast Lift® is NOT a breast augmentation. This perhaps is the most common misconception, given how new and unfamiliar this procedure is. Traditional breast augmentation surgery is utilized to increase or decrease cup size, while the Vampire Breast Lift® improves the aesthetic appearance of the breasts and cleavage area, and is completely non-invasive, not painful and requires no downtime. Additionally, the Vampire Breast Lift® can repair effectively damaged or thinning skin related directly to a patient’s previous implant procedure, plump the areas where the implant may be showing and even improve nipple sensitivity and/or inversion.
- The Vampire Breast Lift® works through natural and scientific forces. Naturally occurring growth factors are abundant in human blood. These growth factors are the body’s biological weapon against injury and aging, and are the driving force behind all healing which occurs naturally in the body. If you cut yourself, you have these growth factors to thank for the repair work done at site of injury. Thanks to scientific advances, doctors are able to separate these specific growth factors from the blood (platelet rich plasma, or PRP) and utilize them on the dermis, or skin, which improves the look, feel and overall health of the tissue. By injecting PRP into the cleavage area, or the skin between the breasts, and fatty tissue surrounding the breasts, we are able to address skin deterioration and naturally regenerate tissue to improve the breasts’ overall look, texture, feel and health. In certain cases, dermal fillers may also be injected strategically to reduce implant–show, improve nipple sensitivity and projection and balance the areola and nipples.
- The Vampire Breast Lift® is completely safe and proven effective. Certified providers utilize a sterile process for obtaining, concentrating and injecting PRP for cleavage improvement that is FDA-approved, and there has never been a documented complication from its use in any medical literature. Because the procedure utilizes the body’s own naturally occurring growth factors, there is no risk of side effects. It is vitally important that anyone considering a Vampire Breast Lift® consult with a certified registered provider and expert injector. Patients can expect to see a relatively quick improvement in the overall quality and appearance of the skin on and between the breasts. Over time, continued collagen remodeling will further regenerate the skin, and the breasts’ fatty tissue becomes fuller and perkier, creating a more youthful look.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
PRP is a concentrated source of platelets, growth factors and cytokines found naturally in your own body, and stimulates and controls healthy regenerative processes, including collagen and soft tissue remodeling, and improves overall health and rejuvenation. PRP has been used successfully for years in surgical and non-surgical procedures to promote improved healing times and optimal results from various procedures.
How does the Vampire Breast Lift work?
The Vampire Breast Lift begins with a painless blood draw from your arm, allowing us to obtain the Platelet Rich Plasma using an FDA-approved sterile system. While we process the PRP, a medical-grade numbing cream is applied topically to the cleavage area. After you are numb, Dr. Gibson will inject the PRP into the skin and fatty tissue of the breasts. If more volume is needed, Juvederm XC may also be injected in the area.
Who is a good candidate for the Vampire Breast Lift?
The Vampire Breast Lift can enhance the look, feel and fullness of the skin and soft tissue in the cleavage area for:
- Women of all ages and skin types (with or without implants) who desire for their breasts to appear more plump and youthful
- Young women who desire to prevent age-related deterioration of breast tissue
- Middle-age and older women who are experiencing thinning of skin and volume loss due to age and sun exposure
- Women who desire to restore sensation of the nipples and breasts, which can increase sexual satisfaction
- Women who have inverted nipples
- Women with “implant show” or thinned tissue over their breast implants
*NOTE: This procedure will produce great results for women who desire a healthier look and feel of their breasts, versus a significant size increase that may be better addressed through a breast lift and/or augmentation.
What are the results of the Vampire Breast Lift?
The Vampire Breast Lift produces visible rejuvenation of the cleavage area, and is especially successful for patients who seek to improve the appearance of their breasts in revealing clothing (bikini, bra, low-cut gown, V-neck shirt, etc.). Within the first few weeks to months, as the PRP increases blood flow to the tissue, the color of the skin will improve and the tissue will thicken and become less transparent. Over time, fine lines and wrinkles will also begin to diminish through collagen remodeling, and fatty tissue will increase in volume.
Additionally, this treatment may increase sexual satisfaction for both you and your partner. Patients with decreased sensation in the nipple area or inverted nipples can see a significant increase in nipple sensitivity and regeneration of a healthier nipple-areolar complex. Don’t worry, it won’t make the nipple “too” sensitive.
Generally, one to two treatments are recommended to produce optimal results.
Does the Vampire Breast Lift hurt?
Our patients report that the Vampire Breast Lift is very tolerable, with only slight discomfort during the five-minute injection process. Our powerful medical-grade numbing cream reduces this potential discomfort, and there is little to no discomfort afterwards.
What is the downtime after the Vampire Breast Lift?
There is no downtime after the Vampire Breast Lift. Occasionally, patients report some mild soreness for one to two days after treatment. However, you can immediately resume normal daily, exercise and sexual activity.
Is the Vampire Breast Lift safe?
Absolutely! The Vampire Breast Lift is a safe and effective procedure when performed by Dr. Gibson. It can only be offered at a practice that has been educated, trained and certified by Dr. Runels, the creator of the Vampire procedures. PRP uses your own naturally occurring growth factors to rejuvenate tissue, and specifically has been described in more than 20,000 published studies as a safe and effective treatment with no reported inherent complications.
This treatment has not been studied during pregnancy, and therefore Dr. Gibson does not offer The Vampire Breast Lift to pregnant or nursing women. Patients should also have their yearly gynecological/breast exam before receiving the Vampire Breast Lift.
*NOTE: This is an elective procedure that is not yet covered by insurance.
If you are interested in the Vampire Breast Lift, please give us a call today 985-898-5990 to schedule your consultation!